January 23, 2011

Simple Abundance

I had never heard of this book until a friend mentioned it recently. I checked it out from the library and started reading it shortly after the new year. There is a short essay for each day of the year, with the purpose to guide you to a life of contentment and simplicity. It sounded like just what I needed.



I like that each day's reading is very short - I've had no problem finding a few minutes to read it as part of my morning routine. While nothing I've read so far has been especially earth-shattering, it has been nice to start each day with something to think about and keep me focused on what is important. It can be a little cheesy at times, but I'm ok with that because it does seem to be making a difference for me. I look forward to reading it every morning, and I think it is playing a part in helping me stay calm and focused throughout the day.

Quite ironically, we found out some news last week that has drastically changed all of our plans for 2011. The routine of this simple little book has helped me stay positive and embrace what is to come.

2 comments:

  1. I love this book - it has sat by my bedside for years, and I don't know how m any times I've read it cover to cover. I hope you enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She has written a few books and all of them are wonderful to read. When I suffered a bout of depression a few years ago, her gratitude journal got me through it (that is along with therapy etc!)

    ReplyDelete